As a Quest Volunteer for Haiti, I will be spending a year not only doing service, but learning more about the people and culture of Haiti, the beauty of the country, the challenges they have faced, are currently facing and potential solutions to these difficulties. I am also hoping that I will build on the skill-set I have already developed, expand my knowledge in general, and become a better and more aware global citizen. Throughout the year, I will be posting about the work I am doing, observations I have made, and in general reflecting on what I have learned about the country and myself. Happy reading!!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cheddar!!!

An early morning view.


The fog covering Gros Morne.






This little girl, the daughter of the man who helps us around the house, turned 7 (or 8 - no one really knew) a while ago.  We were invited to her birthday party!  We had a lovely dinner and a beautiful cake that was made here in town.







I drove with Sr. Pat to Bassin-Bleu, which is east of here, to pick up their Superior General (the head sister of all the Religious of Jesus and Mary in the world) and other members of RJM leadership. This was on the way.

A cemetery on the way back from Bassin-Bleu.  Many of the graves are above ground structures, like mausoleums, painted in very bright colors.



The best way to watch the countryside go by!


The sisters meeting the kids at Fon Ibo.




It was impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time!  Sr. Monica, on the left, is the Superior General, and Sr. Alejandra is General Councilor who is responsible for the provinces of North and South America.  Sr. Pat is on the right.

Another cute baby!


Checking out an abandoned house walking home from school.


Fail.

1 comment: