As a Quest Volunteer for Haiti, I will be spending a year not only doing service, but learning more about the people and culture of Haiti, the beauty of the country, the challenges they have faced, are currently facing and potential solutions to these difficulties. I am also hoping that I will build on the skill-set I have already developed, expand my knowledge in general, and become a better and more aware global citizen. Throughout the year, I will be posting about the work I am doing, observations I have made, and in general reflecting on what I have learned about the country and myself. Happy reading!!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Smattering of Pictures

Here are just a few pictures to fill some time before I type up my next post.  They go back several months.  Beth took all of these pictures except for the last one.


Jumping for joy after we finished painting two classrooms at the school.

Our puppy!!!  The sister is PAP wanted a new puppy and we knew a family here that had just had a litter.  Sr. Jackie put her foot down (hard) and vetoed getting one for our house too, but we did get to keep Sammy for a week before Sr. Isa picked him up and brought him to his new home in PAP.  Beth, Frankie and I had a great time playing with him, but I did not appreciate his whining in the middle of the night and when he peed on my bed.



The preschoolers are crazy!  But they're just so cute, you can't help but love them!

(Beth's photo)


Making valentine's to send back to the States to a children's hospital.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

One of my favorites.  Beth and I have taken a ton (more than we probably should) of jumping photos all over.  This is one of the better ones!


We tried taking a fourth grade exam.  Beth and I passed.  I believe we only got one wrong.  It was comforting to know that our Creole was at least at the fourth grade level.


This little guy was on one of the screen doors downstairs.  Even though I've seen a bunch and killed my fair share, I am still not a huge fan of our arachnid friends.  
(Eliza took this photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment