As a Quest Volunteer for Haiti, I will be spending a year not only doing service, but learning more about the people and culture of Haiti, the beauty of the country, the challenges they have faced, are currently facing and potential solutions to these difficulties. I am also hoping that I will build on the skill-set I have already developed, expand my knowledge in general, and become a better and more aware global citizen. Throughout the year, I will be posting about the work I am doing, observations I have made, and in general reflecting on what I have learned about the country and myself. Happy reading!!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Afternoon Delights

Because we only have class in the mornings, we are lucky enough to have every afternoon free.  I will admit I have spent some of this time reading the next book in my collection of Sherlock Holmes mysteries, napping and lounging about, but we have spent the rest of our time getting more acquainted with the area and helping out around the house.  Our ventures have included the bank, “main street,” the market, a nearby mountain/hill, the river, the local hospital, a clinic about an hour away, cleaning the refrigerator, sorting through clothing donations for the Kay Pòv (Poor House) and most frequently Lekol Jezi Mari in Fon Ibo.

Because each of these is unique in and of themselves, I'm going to split them up according to location.  This will make the posts much shorter and easier to sort through for all you guys.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment