As a Quest Volunteer for Haiti, I will be spending a year not only doing service, but learning more about the people and culture of Haiti, the beauty of the country, the challenges they have faced, are currently facing and potential solutions to these difficulties. I am also hoping that I will build on the skill-set I have already developed, expand my knowledge in general, and become a better and more aware global citizen. Throughout the year, I will be posting about the work I am doing, observations I have made, and in general reflecting on what I have learned about the country and myself. Happy reading!!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Doctors and Teachers

Sr. Victoire and Sr. Julienne checking out the stock in the clinic.


Sr. Julienne is a nurse and she arrived on Monday to start working in the clinic.  She worked all week cleaning and organizing.  It looks great now. 


This is the main room of the clinic.  There are two beds and a consulting table.


The outside of the dispensè.


The school that the sisters run.  I didn't get to interact a lot with the kids, but I could hear their lessons from our house.  There was a lot of "call and response" type learning.


The building for grades 1-4.


The preschool is on the ground level and grades 5 and 6 are upstairs.


Latrines for the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment